Vibration Floor Therapy
Significantly Improves Hoof Growth – A Study Published in Research in Veterinary Science
Vibration Floor Therapy – Studies showed that when utilized, treatments resulted in a significant increase in hoof growth of up to 40% within the first 30-60 days of twice daily sessions on the vibrating floor. For example, once treatment ceased, the hoof growth went back to its original rate. Nonetheless, this indicates what a positive influence the Vibration Floor has on blood circulation and healing. However, with it being such a non-invasive and safe treatment, it can be applied to countless health and hoof issues.
Vibration Floor Therapy Facts and Advantages
- Significant muscle power increases after only 10 minutes per day for 10 days on the Vitafloor.
- Horses trained on a vibrating plate can accelerate faster, from a standstill and develop more elevation in their stride. With trotters, elasticity and flexibility increase.
- Tests show in fact it has a positive effect on the warming up by causing less energy to be needed for the transition into trot.
- Benefits and shortens the recovery processes, especially of tendon injuries.
- Shorter training sessions necessary so less man hours needed for more power, flexibility and stamina in your horses.
- Less risk for muscle or tendon tears and bone fractures.
- Competitive advantage due to greater acceleration with less energy exerted.
- Enables horses to be rehabilitated with less supervision, so less labor-intensive.
- Very suitable and effective for rehabilitating horses on box-rest or too difficult to manage in hand.
- Bone scans at UC Davis show it regenerates bone density not just in the legs, but also in the ribs.
- Stimulates blood circulation through the entire body.
- By placing your hands on the horse, you can feel the vibrations from the Floor all the way up through the shoulders.
- Vibration training is the non-invasive only treatment with a documented positive effect on osteoporosis (brittle bones) and the disease Silicosis.
- Increase of bone density by up to 20% (human study).
- Helps in the prevention and treatment of colic.
- Also helps in the treatment of soft tissue injuries, joint soreness, laminitis, and navicular disease.
- Excelerates healthier and faster hoof growth – important for horses with hoof problems.
- Lowers cortisol levels for relaxation.
- Used during training, uses energy and burns fat.
- Raises production of testosterone.
- Preliminary veterinary studies show it helps increase some back muscles and promotes suppleness.
- Horses (and owners) love it!
Discover the benefits while your horse is in Training when you couple therapies such as our Thermal Imaging before using our Cryotherapy treatment . See the difference it makes after with your own eyes!
When choosing your next treatment for your Equine Athlete, consider your stay at The Brunswick B&B. Also, the beautiful, historic UNION GABLES B&B for your own R&R. You can also visit Sacred Spa and Wellness located right on GMP Farm’s grounds. Treat yourself to a Holistic approach in overall fitness and wellness.